![]() |
| Transiberian Orchestra Concert |
This evening, I took Alli (niece) to see the Transiberian Orchestra concert at the TMC - we had great seats waaayyy up in the balcony and due to HORRIBLE traffic, we missed the first song or two. We both enjoy the Christmas song on the radio that they play and were hoping for a lot more music like that. I guess we should have studied up more and listened to more of their music beforehand. I found myself disappointed. I thought it would be more like Manheim Steamroller (who I LOVE), but it was much more air guitar noise than anything. The pyrotechnics were good, the singers were good (but lacking in my opinion), and the narration was a cute Christmas story. I'm not a hard-rocker fan. But I'm glad we went - I took her for her birthday/Christmas because it's hard to find things for the girls these days - I'd rather find things to DO with them versus buy them something they don't need, want, or care about. So I'm glad we went.
A word on the traffic, though - OH MY GOSH! It was bottleneck from Valley View ALL the way to the parking lot of the Thomas & Mack Center. It took OVER an hour to get there! It was only 4:00pm on a Saturday, I mean, where could ALL of those people been going? THIS is why I avoid the I-15 and anywhere near the strip as much as possible. Am I getting old or what? Complaining about traffic! But I was being a good example to my niece - didn't cuss or yell at cars but once or twice. We even let people in for good karma. We had a good chat about PATIENCE and SAFETY. It was a fun way to kick off the Christmas season - since I've successfully avoided ALL shopping this long weekend! I HATE CROWDS, LINES, and RUDE PEOPLE. So I will avoid stores, parking lots, and shoppers as much as possible. Again,what's that about getting old???

No comments:
Post a Comment