Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ginger Ale

About 2 months ago, I had an upset stomach.  All I wanted was some ginger ale and some saltine crackers.  My friend brought over some ale and had no idea what kind of a monster she was creating.  You see, I have been addicted to it ever since - not daily, but....  . 

No, I don't buy the 12 can pack for $2.50 - that would mean I would have it around and drink it all and just think of all that sugar!  No, I buy the 1 liter bottles (one at a time) for $1.00-1.69 every week.  One bottle.  Spread out over a week.  Suck out the extra air before replacing the lid keeps it nice and bubbly the next day (and the next!)  I think it's the carbonation I crave...

Routine:  Empty bottle over a few days, decide to never do that again (sugar-wise), go to store for weekly shopping spree (sometimes I even use a push-cart instead of hand-held basket!), and leave with another bottle.  Repeat...weekly.  How sad is that?  Something reserved for only special occasions, like upset stomachs and flights - always the drink of choice on an airplane...like it's tradition or something) is now being used and abused on a regular basis as if it was a basic Coke or normal Sprite.  I don't even know what's in the stuff.  I should just buy a 12-pack.  Or I should just have willpower.  This is not helping me get back into shape! 

And don't get me started about Raspberry Ginger Ale!!!!!  It's like liquid crack!

At least it's not a nightly glass of wine or a shot of tequila, right?

2 comments:

5 LV Dunks said...

I LOOOOOOOVE Ginger Ale! Like A LOT! I don't have it that often so that I can still LOOOOOOVE it. But...it is on sale this week. Hadn't thought of that, thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air! I've been doing the same thing with Fresca! I bought one this past Saturday. Was that possibly the same time you were stocking up on Ginger Ale?