Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thinkin' thoughts

My mind is an interesting place to reside at times.  Sometimes I think WAY too much.  I'm an "over-thinker" and wish to be a "non-thinker" sometimes.  I think about everything.  I think about nothing.  I think I know what I'm thinking, and other times I don't know what to think.  Can you following my thinking?  hahaha

I've been thinking a lot about life.  It's a funny experience we get here on earth - hey, here's an idea...let's put a bunch of otherwise great people on a huge planet to coexist without any knowledge of who they were before and let's let them have free-reign of the place.  Let's make some of them peach, some brown, some blacker-than-the-night.  Let's put them too close together and others too far away.  Let's let them come up with their own rules, laws, and morals and see how it all comes out.  Let's make some fat and diabetic while others are skinny and anorexic.  Let's make some of the LOVE exercise and others abhor it.  Let's make smart people, dumb people, fun people and dull people.  Let's make winners and losers, friends and foes, and even those "People of Walmart."  There must be a lot of laughter in heaven looking down at us....

I think perspective is a grand quality to possess.  How did I get from Heaven to Turkey to California to Texas to Vegas to my current home?  How did I get through elementary school as a deathly shy little girl who flunked kinder because she wouldn't stop crying under the tables to a professional instructor 3 different colleges over the past 10 years?  Why did I struggle so much to learn Spanish in Guatemala only to be using it daily 16 years later?  Will that philosophy work with cooking???????    How come I met some amazing friends in college that 20 years later when I run into them, it seems like we'd never been apart?  Perspective is an interesting talent to have.   It sure makes you go "hmmmmm"

No comments: