 |
| The art of carving a turkey's breast... |
Today was Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's. This is a very traditional meal with little room for variation. I was pleased as punch to bring "green bean casserole" to replace our usual "peas with mushrooms" and it was a hit. I also provided the usual "chocolate" brownie alternative to pumpkin pie and cobbler. I really cannot make ANYTHING else of that meal. So sad. Everyone (except Steven) was there and had a good time. The sun was out, yet we enjoyed a nice cool day in the 50's. The food was tasty, the drinks were bubbly (thanks, Sarah) and the entertainment was...well...entertaining as usual.
 |
| Sarah's bubbly concoction |
 |
| Drooling over the ham |
 |
Ran out of napkins...had to
resort to anything around! |
 |
| My sister, the "boozer" |

After dinner, Emily and Katie ran to Walmart to get this new game we HAD to try out
(feeling sad for Walmart workers - if people like us would ignore their stores on holidays, maybe their employees could enjoy the holiday, too!) It was called
QUELF and was a lot of fun. You are represented on the board by weird characters and have to choose from several piles of cards. Sometimes you have to
ACT things out, like talking like a parrot at the end of a basketball game or spinning around 7 times while whistling a tune. Other times, one or more people have a quirky thing they have to do everytime a certain thing happens. For example, if someone takes a drink, then everyone with a drink has t

o toast the same funny-worded toast. Or once Corey had to sit with his arms and legs straight until it was his turn again. Emily had to "scratch" him and give him drinks. I had to speak in 3rd person for 3 rounds. Alli had to drink a glass of water from the opposite side of the glass - a feat I had no idea could be accomplished! There were strange trivia questions as well as "name that..." type questions. It was really entertaining. Hopefully one of the MANY video clips I took will turn out below. Dad played a Sequence game with Abby, who talked his ears off, as usual. He has such patience!



Mom, Kristi and I took dinner over to a gal who just had a baby yesterday, and YES, we got to hold him! Too fun. I got mom's iPod all set up and she had fun trying to figure out all the "apps" and "music" and everything else it does. It was a nice afternoon and we're all sufficiently tired tonight.
1 comment:
You captured the day, Robyn. I have laughed out loud and shed a tear or two as I read your account. My favorite kind of family holiday! This morning the house is sparkling with glitter everywhere from Abby's art projects and sweet memories of great Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment