Since I've been in a slump lately - a combination of it getting darker earlier, finding my place at a new school, thinking about my dad and family, and not being a good friend lately - I decided to review a little book where I record interesting quotes. Just collected here and there - some serious, some funny, some thought-provoking, and some just good sense. Here are a few of my favs to remember - in no particular order:
1. Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. (Michael Jordan)2. There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
3. You are a living magnet. What you attract into your life is in harmony with your dominant thoughts. (Brian Tracy)
4. Every morning is the dawn of a new error.
5. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
6. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. (Ronald Osborn)
7. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
8. Life is just a phase you're going through...you'll get over it!
9. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.
10. What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
11. In the cookies of life, good friends are the chocolate chips.
12. What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?
13. Lightening - look up and look pretty - God is taking your picture!
14. I just found out my life is based on a true story!
15. Never make someone a priority when they only make you an option.
16. Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
17. To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.
18. Truely great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
19. True friends stab you in the front.
20. A friend is someone who knows the song of your heart and can sing it back
to you when you have forgotten the words.
21. Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
22. God doesn't give you the people you WANT; he gives you the people you NEED...to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to make you into the person you were meant to be.
23. I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. (Douglas Adams)
24. In the confrontation between the streem and the rock, the stream always wins - not by strength, but by perserverance. (H. Jackson Brown)
and
25. Some people are just slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter!
Do you have a favorite I can add to my list?
Leave a comment...





3 comments:
Here are two I have on my blog....
-Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.
-If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!
:)
"Happiness does not
depend on what happens
outside of you, but what
happens inside of you."
Harold B. Lee
How about
Those of you who think you know it all are very annoying to those of us who do.
Or, and this is especially true for educators
We have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now highly qualified to do anything with nothing.
Post a Comment