Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Pumpin' Iron!
My friend, Carolyn, and I are working out after work each day together at the gym - it's sooooo much easier with a little competition and motivation! It's been fun - I'm teaching her about the weight training and resistance training that she's never done, and she's teaching me about different cardio machines she likes. After working out at home for 7 months on my elliptical, and seeing great results, I decided to add in the other stuff at the gym. I believe in endorphines and that they make you feel good. We meet every day at 4pm...in fact today, my boss called me to her office as I was getting dressed in gym clothes, so I walked up there, sat on the floor outside her office to put on my socks and shoes while she talked to me. I think she's getting the clue that I really am walking out the door at 4pm everyday. No more working until 6pm! This gym thing is an intervention for my work-aholic tendencies. So far so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep it up sister!!! I am with you. Work can rule your life if you let it...
Post a Comment