What is it about summer that makes you forget how busy and hectic life really is the other 10 months of the year? Stepping back into work just for a few hours on Monday made me realize that I'm not ready to go back. I've been in meetings with our leadership team for 3 hours each day, and can't seem to wrap my mind around returning. But, I'm leaving for Cedar for a few days as a last hurrah before returning next week, probably for good. Maybe then I'll actually "look forward" to being there.
But CRAZY comes in with the call to teach early morning seminary. I know what you're thinking..."WHAT? HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO MANAGE THAT???" Not sure, but it will work out. I need the blessings to make it through working this year. I get to teach about 16 sophmores - Book of Mormon - and am actually looking forward to it. It will be good to start each day and end each day in or preparing for lessons.
So my plan is to leave straight for work from there - arrive early - and to leave work by 4:00 each day (there's the hard part - many days I was there until about 6). I'm meeting friends at the gym at 4, then home to eat a healthy meal (who's gonna make that for me??), and into preparing a lesson for the next day. Then I may treat myself to 1 hour of TV (big difference!) I'm also tutoring a businessman in Chinese once or twice a week for an hour. That's to help make up the difference in my upcoming paycut (yeah!) I may still teach another Reality Spanish course on Monday evenings, but I'm really going to have to ponder that one now.
So, am I crazy? Maybe. Will that stop me? Nope.
6 comments:
You are crazy and amazing all rolled into one. You are going to be an great sem. teacher.
What gym are you going to? Are you back at Golds? If you have any time, lets do lunch. I would probably have the kids, but if I had a couple days notice, I could ditch them somewhere. Or if you ever want to do a Monday, Steve is off and he could watch them.
Yeah you're pretty much insane. You need to find time in that busy schedule to come see me!
Yes. You are certifiably crazy. It takes one to know one. When you write it all out like that, it looks impossible. It's not. Eat that elephant one bite at a time each day. You will amaze even yourself. One trick I used during that crazy time of my life was to have my seminary materials with me throughout the day. Even five or ten minutes of down time can turn into prep, read, ponder time...
You really are amazing and have the gifts and talents needed to influence the lucky youth in your class in a positive way!! Wish I had a freshman to put in your class!
We all have a little crazy in us. I think you are definetely 'good crazy' though. I love that you are going to do seminary. While I am anything but a morning person...What a wonderful experience adn I'm with you... I can always you a few extra blessings coming my way!!!!!! Good luck with everything and make sure you find time to just chill every now and then.
Robyn!!! I am so glad that you are going to teach seminary! That will be amazing for you! I am glad that you mentioned the gym right there on your blog. When you work out, lemme know, and then i will/might go work out with you!!
Love ya!
Mikayla
Crazy, fun, exciting, fabulous, giving, caring, all things that describe you. I'm excited for you this next year! You'll do it all like a champ!
Post a Comment