
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good
1 comment:
It must be that time of year that we reflect on our lives and sometimes wonder 'what might have been' or 'would I change things if I could?'The answer is always different for me. I just watched thirteen going on thirty.. and I'm reading ' Back when we were grownup's' by Anne tyler. both have the same general theme. and I love the line in the movie when her mom says that she wouldn't go back and change the past...not because she didn't make mistakes but that through making mistakes... she learned. tha's obviously not a direct quote... but you get the point. Refection is good. and THANK-YOU for the handprints you've made on my heart!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment