.gif)
.jpg)

Well, we did it. We survived a week of girls' camp up at Camp Stimson on Mt. Charleston. We enjoyed daily doses of rain - buckets of it at a time each afternoon - and lots of hail....not one, but 2 days worth. Amazingly enough, the clouds parted for the evening programs and rarely did you hear complaints. We just kept working, singing, playing, and digging (trenches!) We made up great flag songs together - especially the one to TRADITION from Fiddler on the Roof. What a scream that was creating it ALL morning! We also made up a funny skit set to a music mix about the emotions one goes through when having to resort to using a latrine. It was hysterical - I appreciated so much the PASS to use the private, decorated STAFF ONLY latrine and may never be able to go back to using the public ones! I hope I have a "free lifetime pass" from here on out! We entertained at the "Rainforest Cafe" serving dinner in a downpour, but helping people smile and forget how wet and cold they were for a moment. I LOVED THE COLD!!!!!! Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed working with the stake camp staff (mostly strangers to me beforehand.) I learned a few good lessons from them and enjoyed their company once I adjusted my attitude! I was sad to see it come to an end, especially driving back to the heat and humidity that had overtaken Vegas. Hats off to everyone who made it a success! (Thanks to Gwen for the pictures - HAIL, rivers of water during the rain, and the awesome mosaic of the temple made by Gwen and the girls, presented to Pres. Bingham the last night).
1 comment:
Robyn you were amazing as our music/programs specialist. Your sense of humor during the downpour Thursday night was so refreshing and helped calm me. It was fun sharing a tent with you. Mindy mentioned making our skit available, I assume via internet, for us to view again. Thanks for leaving a space open in your heart for me. It was a great week because of you.
Michele
Post a Comment