Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Valentine

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL WHO ARE IN LOVE, WHO HAVE EVER BEEN IN LOVE, AND TO ALL WHO HOPE TO BE IN LOVE ONE DAY......blah, blah, blah!!!!!!!
Aaaahhhhh, LOVE is in the air.  Vases of red roses are popping up everywhere, enormous stuffed animals are balancing on the shelves, rows and rows of sappy red and pink cards are lining the aisles, heart-shaped boxes of chocolates beckon every person as they walk by.  It's that "oh-so-special" holiday created by the greeting card companies and retailers - to make men feel guilted into buying their sweethearts all the above listed crap as a token of their everlasting love and devotion!   But I'm sure IF you have a man in your life, just the fact that he remembered to so SOMETHING for you is probably enough - treasure it. 

I am fortunate to have my very own Valentine.  Every year, a small vase of flowers and a sweet card is strategically left on my coffee table on or near Valentine's Day.  I have the best DAD in the world.  For years and years he has snuck into my house leaving a simple gift so that I don't feel 'left out' on this love-filled holiday.  I have always been tickled that he does this and am so grateful for his insight and wisdom.   This year, I happened to be home when he tried to break into my casa.  He came in and we enjoyed a nice visit for over an hour.   My dad is the most brave, humble, optimist you'll ever meet.  He's so optimistic about his fight with this crappy cancer and how his body is slowing down on him.  He's still got his great sense of humor and is up to his next task of helping find me a hubby...on the other side!  I'm grateful for his thoughtfulness and love.  Everyone should be so lucky to have a valentine like mine!

Oh-so-creative!
I got crafty this afternoon (before my 5 mile walk with Loralee around a new park).  A friend brought these to work on Friday and I decided to recreate them for visiting teaching gifts this week.  It's a brownie-covered OREO!  You dip an oreo cookie into brownie batter and then put it into a cupcake tin.  They are super delicious!  And soooooo NOT healthy!   It's amazing to me how many different ways you can make yummilicious things and how they are NEVER any healthier for you!  Try it out!  You know you want to!

No comments: