Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hiking with Abby

The kindergartners
THE TRAIL BLAZERS
 I took Abby (6) on an adventure hike/rock scrambling expedition yesterday and was so surprised at what a mountain goat she is! She had NO fear at climbing higher and higher and 'showing off' a little for the other 2 little girls who came along. I had invited a friend from work, Shawn, and her 2 little ones - Cassie (6) and Gabby (3). I was pleasantly surprised at their sense of adventure. We enjoyed a beautiful morning in the sunshine and fresh air.


Abby and her Auntie

Sea Turtle Rock - the girls named it.  They're quite observant!

What a beautiful view - we'd climbed up pretty high and turned around!

Holding up the boulder - what strong little ladies

A hiker's marker
This one - a "hiker's marker" got me pondering - one of my favorite pasttimes while hiking.  A hiker's marker is left so that others following behind can recognize that they're still on the right path - marking the 'way to go.'  What kind of markers are we leaving those following us, whether it be our children, our friends, or strangers who happen to be watching or following us?  Are we leaving any markers to point the way?  To redirect a path?  Or to validate that those after us are on the right one?   I'm grateful for those ahead of me who've marked the path and who continue to help validate that I'm going in the right direction, and not veering off on an unsafe trail.

No comments: