Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Break

This Christmas break was much needed and appreciated.  It began with a near break-down and has ended extremely positive. 

Monday night my family went out to celebrate Kristi and Gary's 25th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed a great meal at Claim Jumper complete with lots of laughs and story telling.
Cute couple - my Pa and Ma

Gary and Kristi - 25 years later - still hammin' it up!

My brother Steven and I

I had breakfast or lunch with several different friends this week - most of whom I haven't seen in months.  I did lots of window-shopping, as the sun finally came out this week and I did LOTS of cleaning out of closets, my office, kitchen, etc. this weekend.  You should see the piles for recylcing and for garbage pick up I set out there tonight!  It's just sad thinking that all that crap was in my house somewhere...notwithstanding the load I took the to Goodwill on Saturday (the DI was closed..)   We had a great time taking our family pictures (thanks to Amy Rhodes...my gal pal) and I can't wait to see how they turned out.  More on that when I can post some!

I enjoyed New Year's Eve at the Camp's family home - playing Quirkle and doing puzzles and snacking on all sorts of good (and bad) stuff.  I went home early (about 10:30) to continue purging my office - and climbed in bed about 11:50pm to watch the New Year's festivities on the TV.  I cooked dinner for my friends - stew and cornbread...and had Pazookies for dessert this evening. 

I watched very little TV (that's good) but didn't read even one book (that's bad.)  I went to the gym and met with a personal trainer again to get me started training for the big hike in Peru.    I bought a dresser (my Christmas gift from my husband Phil - in the blank - ) and spent hours driving around town trying to decide on one and working deals.  Thanks to Corey and Emily, and Mikayla and Quinn, for coming over and hauling that thing up my stairs!  I got my hair cut on Friday and changed all my lightbulbs that had gone out over the last few months.  I wrote a syllabus for the class that starts Monday and got all my files prepared for it.  I created a new Relief Society Newsletter format (took hours and days).  I enjoyed Sunday night when my house was full of gals 18-24 years old - who used to be in YW with me.  It's fun to see how they've grown up.. or not!

In other words, I got a HUGE list of odds-and-ends things-to-do done and it surely felt good to accomplish so many tasks.  Of course, I add things just so I can cross them off as I think of them, too.  Makes me feel even better!

On Tuesday, Steve and I took Emily's kids to FlipnOut - a huge warehouse full of trampolines and blow-up slides, etc. The kids had a great time. Then we took them to Wingstop for some yummiliciouis chicken fingers. They helped me take down my Christmas tree and put everything away. It's always more fun when someone helps you! (Alli had helped me put it all up at Thanksgiving)


They had  a great time with one of the gals who works there.

Ryan had quite the arm - made several throws into the holes!

Quite the performer - loved bouncing all the way down
Ryan helped me take down the "big" tree

Abby helped take down the "little" trees
It was a very restful, eventful, productive,
uplifting 2 weeks off of work. 
I'm very grateful for my family and friends who make my life interesting, rewarding, worthwhile, and meaningful. 
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I wish I had accomplished all you did during the break. it's on my list for this month! I felt like you... the break was very rejuvenating. hope you ave a great 2011!!!!