 |
| Snowball fight between Dano and little Taylor |
There's just something I LOVE about getting in the car, plugging in the iPod, and driving the long highway up to Cedar...to anywhere really. I'm so thankful that my friends Amber and Bob let me come crash at their nice house in the foothills of Cedar Mountain (Fiddler's Canyon). After a fun, but stressful, few days working on a project for my awesome principal (let's just say it involved a Flip camera, 2 macs and a pc), it felt great to pack up the car and leave town for the long weekend. This time we stayed up late, woke up late, did a little window shopping, ate, ate, ate, read a book, graded my graduate class papers (online!), and even went to church. Of course, I didn't have 'church clothes,' but went anyway in my nice 'jogging suit' and tennis shoes. Funny thing was, no one looked twice or even cared as we sat in the back. It was a good meeting and I was glad I didn't miss sacrament meeting. It was fun to have Ashley and Dano this time - I babysat Ashley since she was 3!


Later on that afternoon, I got to go over and see Jessica - one of my previous laurels and good friends - she just had her first baby on Thursday - Carson. He was tiny and absolutely adorable and I couldn't get enough of holding him. She is feeling great and is already a great mommy. It's funny how you turn into a mom very quickly....I guess! This morning, I headed back over there to give her a homemade crochet'd blanket - one of Amber and Bob's friends - Phyllis - was staying with them as well and made a blanket for him in just 1 day. How nice was that? AND it gave me an excuse to go back over and hold him this morning for an hour or so before scootin' out of town. I'm so proud of Jessica and it just made me more excited for ONE DAY when Sarah and Joel have a great niece or nephew for me! (no telling when!)
 |
| My friend, "Aunt" Amber |
I leisurely drove home through St. George, stopping in some shops here and there for fun. I enjoy the drive for many reasons - especially when driving alone - I listen to talk tapes - uplifting, inspiring, intellectual, and many times spiritual talk tapes that help me make sense of life and keep me on the right path going somewhere instead of nowhere. I listened to a few John Bytheway tapes this trip - always insightful and good for a chuckle or two here and there. Sometimes they help me gain back perspective so I can go on with the responsibilities of life. I think everyone should "get away" once a month and regroup. Or maybe it's just me who needs regrouping.
 |
| Ashley, Phyllis (friend), and Bob |
It's been a really good few weeks - positive, even-keeled, able to get everything done in a timely manner and have a little extra time - kinda weeks. I'm hoping it will last a little longer before I resort back to my usual rollercoaster self! I look forward to hiking this weekend - today would have been PERFECT at 75 degrees...had I driven home faster! Oh well.
1 comment:
Well thanks for stopping by!!! :)
Post a Comment