Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

Today's date is 1-11-11.  I thought I should commemorate the occasion with a little rambling. 

Since the nice Christmas vacay, I have been in a much better mood.  Yay for me!  I can't believe the difference in my attitude, my mood, and my outlook down to the core.  I'm dealing with things as they come and learning to say "whatever."  I've been busy at work (that's always GOOD) and that makes me feel like I'm contributing again to the professional world.  I also started teaching at NSC again - the TESL methods class - on Monday nights for FOREVER.  After driving 27 miles, teaching from 5-9:30pm, then driving over 30 minutes home, I get pretty worn out.  But the 12 people in my class are great - they think I'm funny, they are great thinkers, and haven't complained yet about the work load...which I lightened from last semester because I didn't want to do so much grading!!!!  So that's going well, too.


This is last year's sticker chart - filled it up last year. 
This year's looks similar.
"You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water."  It's that time again.  I've begun exercising for real again.  Yep - that means STICKER CHART and everything!  Carolyn and I plotted out from Jan 1st that we have 22 weeks until our Inca Trail hike in Peru and are planning on at least 15 miles a week of cardio.  We would have close to 350 miles done before then if we stick to our plan!  That doesn't include, of course, the weight training and core exercises time, but maybe we need another sticker chart for that!  There are pounds to lose!!!!!!   NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A STICKER!   I've been getting up early and doing my elliptical while watching an hour long DVR'd show which keeps me occupied.  Then I do a few weights and core exercises...not nearly enough yet.  I think it makes a difference how you feel all day long.  And tonight, after visiting teaching and being FORCED to eat a Krispy Kreme donut, I will do 30 more minutes to try and work it off before I go to sleep! 

Speaking of visiting teaching, I LOVE going to visit Audrey Roberts.  She is the most amazing "older" lady I know.  Her great husband had a stroke like 9 years ago, and although it's hard to understand him, he is great to talk to and to make laugh.  She takes such great care of him and they are still a couple in love.  Audrey and I have the best chats - about everything under the sun!  Tonight, I attempted to make chicken noodle soup for the first time.  Let's just say it got very BIG and not very tasty.  So I put some in a container and took it to Audrey's for a taste test - to see what it was missing.  She was so kind to try ONE spoonful and give some tips.  I'm sure the rest went down the drain after I left (2 hours later!)  We talk about questions that can't be answered but make you go "hmmmm."   I can tell she's lonely - and many times I am, too - so we make a great pair.  She doesn't judge me and I love that!

One last thought...a question really.
If one uses one scent of soap and deodarant, can one use a different scent of Bath and Body lotions and sprays?  Or should one stick to the one scent from the foundation all the way to the what people can "smell?"  Now there's a question to make you go "hmmmm."    (Free Bath & Body lotions to those who post a comment....if you don't get it in the mail in 30 days, go see them, not me!!! hahaha)

1 comment:

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

I have the same scent question myself...only mine is, can you use one type of shower gel, and another type of lotion, and then your favorite perfume???? I think that adds up to stinkweed but I am not sure, so when you figure it out...let me know!!