Thursday, September 4, 2008

This little piggy...

I was complaining to myself on Labor Day that all the Nail shops were closed. All I wanted was a pedicure and foot massage - I'd waited months and had looked forward to it. I don't endulge myself like that very often. Then I turned on the news. I reminded myself how appreciative I am that I had a house, electricity, and milk in my fridge while millions of people in the gulf area were evacuating their homes for who knows how long and who knows what they'll find when they return. I forgot all about my feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love experiences like that! They shake us up and give us big dose of reality-check. We all need that once in a while. The hard part lies in admitting how 'piggy' we're being when those reminders come. Nice job on your part, being compassionate and understanding.

Jenna said...

Reality check! I do that a lot when I have been so upset by something Cyrena has done. Hello! She's TWO!! It's hard to keep a clear perspective sometimes.