Saturday, August 9, 2008

One World...One Dream!



I was mesmerized by the Opening Ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics. I was so impressed by their use of technology and the pure number of performers - 15,000 different performers who executed the unimaginable! If you missed it, you really should go online and watch the first hour or so. One of the most impressive shows was the firework FOOTSTEPS that lead across town from the Forbidden City (old Beijing) to the Olympic Stadium (Bird's Nest). That was SOOOOO COOL! I got to see the stadiums under construction last summer and it was amazing to see them completed! They had a 500 foot LCD screen across the stadium floor, too! It was just too cool to explain - you really should watch it. I plan on showing the cultural part of the opening ceremonies to my Chinese club this fall. What an incredible display of pride and modernization of a country who's history is recorded back more than 5,000 years.

No comments: