OK, I've been waaaayyyyy to moody in this blog/journal. Here's a few things to lighten it up.
RATE MY INSTRUCTOR review
To my surprise, I got word of this posting from a student in a course I taught last spring. Upon "googling" my name to make sure I was still private out there, I came upon this and it totally made my day. I'd never heard of this site before, but I'm thinking I like it!! I got a 5 out of 5 in all areas and here's the comment: "This teacher is AMAZING. I came into this class scared out of my mind because for one, it was a weekend class, and for two, I was in a room full of teachers already in the district. She welcomed me with open arms. She gives a fair amount of assignments/homework and relates everything to a real classroom situation. I definitely recommend her!!!"
MY DAD KISSED SISTER OSMOND...or vice versa
Yep, my dad was working at the front desk of the temple and the volunteer greeter sister was none other than Marie. My dad, the character that he can be, walks over to her and tells her the story from back in the early 80s when my mom took her laurel class to Dallas to see the Osmonds perform. She new their manager and they got to go backstage and my mom has told everyone since that Donny kissed her cheek (and my sister's). So my dad looks at her and asks her to plant one right on his cheek so he could have a story, too. GO DAD. She did and probably got a good chuckle out of it. He was also the front desk greeter when she came in on Friday morning to get married. He had some fun stories playing around with her then as well.
MOTHER'S DAY
We enjoyed the entire famdamily tonight over at Kristi's - she always puts on a nice spread. Tonight's was compliments of Bruno -their neighbor who died and Kristi's ward helped with the funeral luncheon. All the moms were there - Mom, Kristi, Emily, even Shirley, and then me, Helen, and Sarah - the kid-less moms. We had a good time laughing and listening to dad's recent stories as well as some from mom's "sister's weekend." Mom breaks out these head-scratchers for each of us - because that's how we love to end our evenings together - with Kristi's girls playing with our hair and giving a head massage. Oh how I love Katie's talented hands! My sisters are great moms and they learned from the best. My mom put up with a lot with us kids - and we always had the house that as teens - everyone wanted to hang out there. My boyfriends always liked mom better than me! She's caring, giving, and compassionate. Happy Mother's Day, mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment