Wide Open Spaces...
I went from this small space for 5 years.....
to this large classroom this year at the new school.
There is sooo much space and a lot of materials that I never had before. I don't quite know what to do with it all just yet!
I'm trying to keep a smile through all this change, but sometimes, it's like the picture...FAKE! The kids arrive on Monday. I have met all of the teachers and most of the staff now by going and seeking them out. Being one of only 3 new people, it's been a hard adjustment to fit into a staff who's been together for quite some time now, but they're friendly enough, I guess. It will take time to learn all the cultures (is it ok to walk through the office? yes. Is it ok to wear flip flops? no. Is this copy paper for everyone's use? yes. When they say ___, do they really mean it? etc.) It's been a very lonely transition and has stretched my confidence and self-security quite a bit. I have been uplifted by 10 or so of my past colleagues/friends who have sent me Facebook and text well-wishes, letting me know they miss me and were thinking about me. That helped lots during the last week. I was needing a change and this was a great place to do that - it will just take some time to get my feet wet and feel like I'm contributing to the already wonderful things they're doing there. It's good to be knocked off your feet every once in a while to keep you humble. It will be a great year!
2 comments:
Keep up with the "positive affirmations", Robyn. You are more than you realize. You're steady, positive, accepting, loving, insightful, humorous influence will affect those around you more than you (or they) will ever realize. You are a force for good!
Way to stay positive and look at the bright side. ...fake it til you make it! Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. It won't be long before those around you grow to love you as much as those of us who know you already, do now!!!!
Post a Comment