So, as a "P.S." to my former post, claiming that our 2nd attempt to climb Griffith Peak ended because it started snowing on us and unfortunately we didn't have proof because of lack of cameras, I add the following: At the 2nd overlook, when we decided it was beginning to snow a little and that we should turn back down the almost 4 miles downhill, we met a nice Air Force guy with a nice camera (married - YES, I looked). Not being shy at all, I asked him if he'd take our picture as 'proof' and email it. He was nice enough to do this and just today, I received them. So now, for your viewing pleasure, here we are with the snow just beginning to fall on us as "dippety-dots." 

Luckily Loralee had an extra poncho - this is us BEFORE the skies opened up on us. The other shot shows the snow beginning to accumulate on the ground and how the same landscape became encased by clouds/snow/rain so quickly. Cool, huh? 

OK, OK, enough about hiking. Someone told me that hiking is all I blog about. (It may or may not be one of my "lurkers.") That's because everything else is boring. But here's another entertaining activity this week:
YCLs (Youth Camp Leaders)
Last week, many of our YCLs came out at 5:00am to cook up some breakfast for our 4th years before they left on their 3-day backpacking hike. It's become a tradition. Our YCLs did a great job with the pancakes, sausage, eggs, and drinks. They are so much fun - I will really miss actually "doing" camp with them this year (this year our stake is doing "ward" camps - we'll see how that all goes.) I love their youthfulness and humor. Sometimes they're more fun to be around than adults! ;o)

No comments:
Post a Comment