Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Thoughts



What a busy, rough week this was...work was just out of control with the whole state department coming in and having power struggles with the district regarding what to do with our school. We work so hard - just need to work smarter. What is smarter? Who knows. I'm so over it all and want to just go back to doing "my" job. We did, finally, get a new assistant principal...after a year! So that should help, I hope. I don't like the direction my responsibilities have taken me and only hope that I can 'go back' to what I used to do and relate to my peers as I used to do. I'm not sure that can actually happen, but we'll see. I was mistakingly accused of something early this week and spent 2 days trying to clear my name. Your word and your name are all you have in the end. People ask me why I haven't officially gone the administration route - after a week like this one, I don't think it will ever appeal to me.




On a lighter note, my niece Sarah is turning 21 years old. I can't seem to figure out the logic since I'm still only 29! I'm actually going on 20-18 as I tell the kiddos. Sarah's growing up so much and it's fun to see her evolve into Mrs. Reese. Joel's a lucky dude. And Katie looked beautiful as she was getting ready to go to Homecoming last night. Great kids they are!




Last night I went to see Barry Manilow in concert. It was ok - his voice is amazing, but his stage entertainment wasn't all that exciting. I mean, he sings balads - how much fun and lights can you add to it? I was thankful Sheri shared her other free ticket with me - at least I can say I've seen that anti-conservative in concert.

No comments: