Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Up to the Ears in GIRLS' CAMP
Well, the time is soon approaching where I will be dropped out of my realm of comfort into a primitive, natural, 24/7 experience leading 25 fifteen-going-on-thirty year olds! It's been fun working with them over the past several months preparing, brainstorming, creating, etc. They provided the stake YW lots of entertainment while teaching them some important camp rules - why they are the important ones is beyond me - I think it's more tradition than anything, but they did a spectacular job. We've been shopping with the cooks (Cooks' Rescue Team), ironing on letters for t-shirts, building banners (yep, you heard it - some sew, some paint, we BUILT our banner), tie-dying shirts, typing up individual schedules, and all that other fun jazz that comes from preparing for Girls' Camp. I am fortunate enough to work with 2 amazing assistants who have sacrificed lots of time from their families. And my sister spent all morning with me yesterday cutting out hundreds of letters on her "Cricket" (yes, I know that's not how you spell it, but I'm not crafty!) The meetings are over, the shopping is almost complete, the tent assignments have pain-stakingly been made - the only thing left is....where's that TO-DO list again? 5 days and counting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm getting so excited for the week also. Glad it worked out timing wise for me. Girl's camp just happens to be during my week break from summer school. I get to go do the grocery shopping for the ward today. See you on the mountain!
I really wish I could come with you guys. You are going to have so much fun and I am so jealous that you get to work with the best age group there is. You know you loved us when we were that age... If you need anything that week, like someone to help you come up with some good pranks to play on my mother or something like that, just let me know. I reallly want to come, but they just won't let me. Poopfaces. The End.
I still get a little pain in my heart when I see the girls in our ward preparing for girls camp. It really is the best. Have fun my friend. I still miss those cute girls.
Just hearing about it makes me teary. Some of the greatest experiences in my life, as you know, involve girl's camp. Memories are so close to my heart. Hope you have a wonderful time, and I know the girls will be so blessed having you as their leader. You ARE the best in my book.
Love, Linda Faye
Post a Comment