One must be cautious when expressing happiness or excitement that things are going swell. Let me make a retraction from my last post. Here's why...today:
1. Forgot my packing boxes at home again...wasting valuable time at work actually working instead of packing up my office for the summer so I can escape on Friday afternoon!
2. Was advised by my awesome office staff to run across the road to Quick Care to have some knobbies on my heel looked at - so I did and found out that I have a possible case of tendonitis...remember I'm hiking ALL next week in Yosemite??? See my frustration?
3. While 'icing' my ankle at one point, I twisted to work on the computer and tweaked my mid-back. I'm miserable!!!!!
4. Had a special Chinese luncheon (Panda Express) for my Chinese Club kids today and had more kids show up than I'd seen in a while...had to pull a "bread and fishes" miracle...it worked (that's a "plus" on the tally marks of the day)
5. Ok, ok, I should stop complaining, but the REAL KICKER is from this evening. I was enjoying a nice dinner out with friends, Carolyn and Kim (that's a plus) and some shopping (that's another plus) when my car wouldn't start afterwards (OOOHHHH, of course 2 pluses bring on a minus!! You knew it was coming! It's called foreshadowing.....) I tried and tried, got out my handy-dandy jumper cables and found a very pleasant couple to let me steal some battery juice from. No luck. Not a sound. Not a whimper. Just a big, long sigh of frustration (I would have liked at least THAT from my car!) So I called my Roadside Assistance insurance folks (here's a commercial for THAT!) and they were there lickety-split. They towed my poor "less than 2 years old with just 15,000 miles on it" car off to the dealership for me. The dealership you ask? Why yes, because just 3 days ago, it was there having a 15,000 mile tune up at the tune of $200 being done!!!!! It's funny how I sort of just expected to NOT have any problems right now....Not so funny now, huh?? To our rescue (remember - I was driving 2 friends) came my good friend Shan - what a pal - I'm sure I used up lots of friends' points tonight! We took off to Kmart so I could find a PINK shirt to wear for Breast Cancer Awareness Day at school tomorrow -
Everything is a song for me....so there's a few songs that come to mind as I ponder my day (which otherwise wasn't too bad...I don't want you to think that I'm a sourpuss all the time!)
"Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This"
"So You Had A Bad Day"
"Bring On the Rain"
"We're Not Gonna Take It"
P.S. Kim, one of my friends experiencing this excitement tonight, went home to find out her air conditioner broke down. It's a Vegas Summer - I will not complain any more about my day. At least I have a cool home to sleep in tonight! It's all relative.
4 days and counting.....
No comments:
Post a Comment