Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poopy-crappy


I've been doing lots of modeled writing lessons for teachers and kids lately. The best phrase I've heard (from another school) is when kids write using boring words, they call it "poopy-crappy writing." I've incorporated that little ditty into my lessons and I'll tell you what - it's amazing what motivates kids. When I wrote something like "I like..." today, a kid raised his hand and said, "Ms. Covey, don't you think that's sort of poopy-crappy? I mean, couldn't YOU think of any better words to use." He fell right into my little teacher-trap and I've got a convert to writing just like that. Funny. I couldn't resist this picture!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is pretty much classic!! :)

April M. said...

OK, that is really gross - I love it!

I'm so excited that I've found your blog. Now you won't be able to get rid of me :)

Unknown said...

Poopy crappy ay? I can think of a few things that are poopy crappy in fact more then a few things. I may have to start using that phrase!

Deanna said...

I love that picture... Sometimes there aren't words to describe things... i thnik my new phrae will be poppy-crappy. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I didn't know there was a haunted house on Ann. This one was up on Tenaya and Rainbow. I was actually with Amanda, Ashley, and Sarah. I still get creeped out when I think about it! lol

Danalin said...

Love it!