Friday, April 22, 2011

Proficient Time-Waster

To humor myself, I've been thinking of all the things I could have done to use my time home wisely during spring break, since I can't wear tennis shoes to work out or hike due to the heel blisters, and can't go outside in the midday because of the sunburn.  (by the way, the sunburned neck is peeling a gross dark grey color - that means the burn was really bad!)  I have wasted away 4.5 perfectly good days, but have relaxed quite a bit and have put out of my mind my career woes.  So, I guess it wasn't a total bust!

Things I could have done:
Cleaned out closets
Cleaned out garage
Pulled the weeds in my back yard (but, hey, they're greenerie!)
Seen a movie
Read a book (from my stack waiting)
Called a friend
Nutrition researched & planned better
Driven to St. George or Cedar
Finished remodeling/painting bathroom upstairs
Created collage on wall of new family pictures
Finished sanding/painting my baseboards downstairs (2.5 years now on list)
Washed my windows
Repaired brakes on car
Read up on Peru & Incan history
Feed the hungry and visited the lonely
Made a book out of my blog posts
Organized my files for my college class I teach every semester
etc.

2 comments:

The Barfuss Family said...

You forgot this one: Go visit JB and her kids. Duh!

Anonymous said...

Why do you do that to yourself? Here's what you accomplished: at least 20 miles hiking, time with friends, personal training session, relaxation time (always underestimated and under used!), dinner with a friend, a couple of blog posts, and a sanity break! And that's only what I've been aware of!