I haven't written in a while (again) and have suffered the wrath of my "fans" and stalkers. I have been ultra busy and don't have much time to write tonight either. It's been a long 2 days as I've been mourning with a good friend who lost her mother yesterday. It was a very humbling experience to assist her with a number of things and to talk with her as they get ready for the upcoming funeral. I see how much she's cared for - living here all alone for over 10 years while her family is in St. George - so many of her ward family and her far-reaching influence in the school district sending her messages and calling her and driving up for the funeral is endearing. She had no idea and I'm so grateful that people care about her like I do. I'm also grateful for the knowledge we share about life and death - "Death is not a period but a comma in the sentence of life."
It seems like we're not old enough do "deal" with such real life issues and experiences, but we are and the reality of it just hit like a bullet yesterday. We never know how much longer we have with those around us and those we love. It also made me realize that work is just work and I'm way out of balance with what's really important in life. I need to switch around some of my priorities and spend more quality time with my family and friends.
3 comments:
Was this Shan's Mom? Make sure you tell her I am thinking of her.
I had the same though, Robyn, "I'm not old enough to have friends loosing their parents to death." It reminded me that I, too, will face that sharp sting sometime...
Thanks for the reminder to keep priorities straight. sometimes busy lives make us forget.
Post a Comment