Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gum

Gum. Chewy - flavorful - bubble-poppy - smackin' - sticky. Sticky - there's a concept that some people in the world have not related to the thought, "Where shall I stick my gum now that I'm finished chewing it?" A trash may be within arms' reach, a napkin may be at the next table. But alas, the perfect place to stick it is at the bottom of a chair leg, so that others may partake of the yummy treat you leave them! As I woke this morning, I thought to myself, "My pants leg, sock, and shoe are desiring some yummy stickiness...wherever can I find some?" Oh, thank you to that charitable high school student who provided it for me! All I can say back is "Gross, you idiot!"

So, my question of the day is...how does one get GUM off your jeans and shoes (not the sole, the side of them)? I parted ways with the socks (one of my favorite pair, of course). I am looking for all kinds of suggestions because I love those jeans!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Sorry, it's been a long time since I've read your blog so I hope you found a solution. If not I hope you still have the jeans. Freezing the gum should help it just crackle right off. So put those pants in the freezer for a day and give it a try. The other way is to use Goo B Gone, I think you can get it at walgreens. You do run the risk of an oil stain remaining behind though so only use this as a last resort.