I was pondering how much I'm affected by the power of suggestion today. I really have some quirky issues when it comes to the subject. Here's a few I'm willing to share:
1. If the milk carton suggests an expiration date, it's for a reason. When shopping, I'll reach back or move others to get the furthest back milk with the furthest away expiration date.
2. If someone is eating something that smells good, I think about it for quite a while...sometimes until I can eat it myself when otherwise, I wouldn't even think about it. For example: the smell of a Port-a-Subs sandwich, lasagna, chocolate cake or ice cream, or other such bad stuff!
3. If the car repair place (or tire place) states that your brakes (or tires) should be fine for another 100 miles (i.e.), then at mile 101 I start to feel the brakes work differently or think the tire is going to blow at any time. I would be the sucker that has to "fix" it when suggested - people can make tons of money off me!
4. If someone talks about an incredible book or movie or play, I can't concentrate on other things until I see/read/watch it.
5. If the warning on the computer says it's time to run a check because there might be a virus attacking it, I run it right away - otherwise I hold my breath each time I click.
6. If I get a really good coupon in the mail, I feel like I should use it on something I really don't even need at the time. THIS one I have under control - I don't clip them anymore because I don't need anything!!!
7. I can hear a song in the morning and find myself humming or singing the chorus later in the day.
The power of suggestion cracks me up when I stop and think about it. I have many other quirks, but I'll save those for some other time! I just thought I'd give you something to laugh about.
4 comments:
I do the same thing with the milk. I mean come on....it only makes sense to get the one with the farthest out date! :)
Whoa...so obedient with computer checks and oil/brake changes. I'm really bad about that stuff. I always click 'Cancel' or 'Remind Me Later' for the computer updates and such. I am, however, heavily persuaded by food suggestions. Especially seafood restaurant commercials...it always looks so good and makes me want some. Thanks for sharing a quirk. Loved it.
Not only do I have to get the milk in the back...once we've hit the expiration date it has to be thrown out. Drinking it on that date is even risky.
Here's "suggestion" to drive you crazy........the book "Left to Tell"
is wonderful. True story.
But can you leave clothes in the dryer after the buzzer says they are dry ?????
Love
Linda Faye
Post a Comment