I am a person who loves climbing into bed at night. I get excited when that time comes that I have nothing left to do but climb in bed, watch the news (or something more entertaining for a bit) and drift off to sleep in my cool cotton sheets. Not those expensive, thick, 1,000,000 thread count kind - but the cheapie 250 thread count that stay nice and cool - so that when you move your foot into a new position, it encounters that untouched cool spot of the sheets. Aaaahhhh, the pleasures of life.
Winter. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to heating my house, because it's just me and I'm rarely home. And I like to save up my hard-earned cash for summer air conditioning to keep my house as cool as I can possibly afford. So, it's pretty cold at my house in the winter - ask anyone who stops by to visit and automatically grabs a blanket and flips the fireplace on. There is a sadness around December, though, that comes when I finally give in to switching to my good ol' flannel sheets. They're not as slick, soft, nor satisfying, but they do keep me warm. I'm not sure what' different about them this year, though. Maybe after 6 winters, they're finally losing their flannel-roughness and have become much more enjoyable.
I still get gitty when it's time to get into my comfy bed and end the day once and for all. I'd rather be in my own bed than any other in the world!
5 comments:
That makes me want to go to bed. I love cold, clean sheets - that's the best.
I hope your back is feeling better.
I love that time of night too. My favorite though is the cold side of the pillow. -Paula
I just washed my sheets. By the way, i am coming home this weekend. Hope to see you at church. Maybe you are teaching!
Just so you know...it's in your genes! My heart was pounding at the thought it will soon be bedtime. But I have NEVER given into flannel...never, never, never.
Love, Mom
I can totally relate to you, flannel sheets and sweats are the only thing getting me through this Utah winter! Love you blog and reading about your adventures!
Post a Comment