Yep - this is how I eat, for the most part. Let me provide an update. Dry wall is messy. For several days now, I've had drywall work done which has saturated my whole downstairs in a fine, white powder. It has floated upstairs as well, but less noticable at first glance. You see, where ever you put your hands in my home, something attaches itself to it and then you get it in your eyes, in your throat, and all over feet and clothes. This has caused me to throw in the towel and not sleep here anymore. For the past week, I've come home late evenings, put on my PJs, grabbed some work, and walked down the street to Shan's (yes, in my PJs, bra-less no less!) I have been camping out in her guest room, trying to stay out of her way. Then, at 5:30am, when the alarm makes it's annoying sound, I make the bed and walk myself back to my house to shower and prep for the day. This photo shows how I eat breakfast while making my lunch, on a 4" wide surface covered in white powder! It's now a daily/nightly ritual!
I'm in the process right now of trying to pick out paint colors and flooring that will go well with the cabinets and lighting. It's such a hard process with limited daylight time to accomplish this task. I'm still unsure and need to have my decisions made by the end of the week. The cabinets come around Halloween and I'm hoping to have the floor in by the end of the 1st week of November. THEN I can start moving back into my home...it' been since Sept. 9th. What an interesting Fall it's been.
One blessing I have a hard time accepting is the idea from another friend, Kari. She emailed several families in the ward asking if they'd invite me over for dinner or drop off a plate for me, since, as the picture above suggests, one cannot live on peanut butter sandwiches and cereal alone! (Yes, I tried.) So, about twice a week, I'll get an invitation to dinner or someone will graciously drop off some homemade dinner to me. I'm finding that it's hard to accept others' "charity," - it's much easier to give. I am grateful for all those who've quietly stepped in to save the day...and my sanity.
Speaking of sanity, the past 2 weeks have been pretty good at work. The hump of September's misery has ended and I'm finding a routine for myself, inspite of having my homelife in complete havoc. My mood swings have evened out (oh..my..gosh..thank..goodness!) and I'm hoping for continued heavenly strengthening and peace. My boys (yes, 16 of them...ony 6 girls..I keep mentioning that, but no one really GETS it!) are settling down and for the most part are "getting" me. I am relaxing more with my grade level gals and others and am beginning to feel more a part of the staff now that I'm a teacher in the ditches with them. I'm also still fulfilling my OTHER job - the one I'd had for 6 years - although now it's for free and on my own time. Aren't I a giver? Hmmmm...grrrr... We're gearing up for the English testing and it's going to be difficult with no AP, no specialists or strategists to assist. My poor principal looks like she's been through the wringer alone already. So I'm trying to step in and assist where I can, since I can do my old job with my eyes closed. The district makes no sensible decisions right now. It's amazing. But I'm feeling much more optimistic at work...thank goodness!
My friend, Carina, got married on the 2nd. I was honored to have been invited. My niece, Katie, was asked to come babysit Megan's darling baby and she had a great time. I really enjoy getting with the Priest ladies - they have been family for 9 years now (the younger gals...5-6 years now). It's like going home - hard to explain. Anyway, the wedding was great and Carina looked soooo incredibly happy and beautiful. 

1 comment:
So, basically, your level of chaos hasn't changed, just the location... from school to home?
Post a Comment