Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whaz up?

So I haven't posted in a while and people are worried I've drowned in my own sea of busyness. So, here I am writing a blog just for the sake of writing. Hmmmm...I wonder what will come of it!

By Thursday night, at 9:30pm when I get home, I'm not going to lie - I'm pretty darn whiped out! My 2 graduate courses that I'm teaching are going well - I definitely like the Tuesday group over the Thursday one, for some reason. I got a check this week which reminded me why the heck I'm doing it! School is moving along at warped speed, as it does every year after Christmas break. I can't believe we're already a week into February! For us, that means state testing is around the corner, then our Valley of Fire fieldtrip with the 3rd grade, then Spring Break (and Hawaii), then Science Camp at Mt. Charleston, then Ely then 5th grade graduation, then BOOM - we finish our 7th year open. For us, we call this the "put on your seatbelt and scream...when you open your eyes, it will be June" season. I have lots of projects I'm working on at work as well - it keeps me in the administrative mode and reminds me why I don't desire to become an administrator!

I enjoyed working with my niece, Sarah, this week - I hired her to come work with me at school to help with some things I just couldn't get to, like filing. She filed for 5 hours! But got it all done for me - that's a relief. She also came and erased stray marks on about 250 booklets with me for about 5 hours. I didn't mind paying her - she doesn't get many hours at her job right now. It was fun spending time with her - I can't get used to her being a grownup...let alone one who's been married for 1 1/2 years already!!!!

My seminary class is going ok - I think I bore them and I'm not fun, clever, creative, nor exciting, but we have good discussions, I think. I'm not sure I would put all that much more into it had I had the time, so I can't be too hard on myself. I have a great class, down to 13 now, and they show up for the most part. I enjoy starting my day off like that and I know it makes a difference in how I feel for the rest of the day and how I deal with everything. I'm counting my blessings.

OK, that should be enough to suffice for now. It's almost 10pm and I can't keep my eyes open, so I'm off to la-la land. I LOVE climbing into bed for the night - sometimes I even clap excitedly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If it really goes that fast this baby will be here in no time.

Deanna said...

I still have a hard time thinking of Sarah as a grown up... being married and everything. I still remember that little girl we took to the circus. Hang in there and don't work too hard.