
Last week, my sisters and nieces and I surprised my mom for a night on the town to celebrate her birthday. She is not one for surprises and can't stand NOT to know what's going on, but hats off to my sisters for getting her this time. The girls and I met at P.F. Changs waiting for Kristi and my mom to arrive - her thinking that it was just the two of them - and surprised her at a big table in the corner. (We missed Alli who's away at school.) We had a delicious Chinese dinner and then had over an hour to kill before our next surprise. We teased that we were going to a baseball game, a hockey game, etc. So we took her over to William Sonoma across the street to walk around and low & behold, they were holding a cooking demonstration, so we convinced mom that this was our next surprise. She didn't fall for it for too long. Later, as we headed to the library for the play, Kristi called our car and asked if we wanted to see the office where she now works - by the library. As we pulled up, and looked (that was it), Emily said, "Hey, since we're right by the library, do you mind of we stop in so I can get a book for Cayden?" We thought that was priceless, but mom wanted to wait in the car. Kristi finally prodded her out and as we entered the doors, the big signs for "The King and I" were posted and people were milling around waiting. She was shocked - we got her pretty well! Anyway, the show was the best I've seen that production company do. It was a great night out with the girls.
SIDE NOTE: Beginning the night before, I had some sharp pains in my back and later in my lower abdomen - signs which I've had twice before, both times ending in surgery. That night, especially during the play, I was absolutely miserable in pain, but didn't want to leave because it was sooooo good! Long story short, after some tests and an exam that week, it was concluded that I must have had a smaller cyst burst that night. My 4cm cyst is still there, hasn't grown in 6 months, and probably wasn't the cause of any discomfort. We're still monitoring it and I decided against surgery yet. I'm on the mend and ready now (2 weeks later) to get back to the gym!
Birthday #2 - Shan's night out with the girls

My good friend, Shan, shares the same birthday as my mom. Last night, a bunch of us friends went out to dinner and then to "Blind Side," the movie with Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock. It was a inspirational movie, very well done. We had a fun time at dinner, after trying forever to get tickets - had to fight off the LARGE "New Moon" crowds! After the movie, and much laughter that Kris and Carolyn didn't realize that the father was Tim McGraw, we headed off to a yogurt place to hang out and visit for a while. It was the latest I've been out in a long time! But we have a good time visiting and laughing together. I'm so blessed to have a good group of friends around.
1 comment:
looks like you had fun. and isn't your birthday just around the corner? wonder if there are any little surprises planned for you?
Post a Comment