
Well, the YCLs have had their debut - at the 1st Aid Clinic. We had 25 YCLs come to provide training for the different levels of campers and they did a fantabulous job. They led some fun camp songs singing/dancing for about 20 minutes beforehand while registration was going on and just cracked me up - this is definitely a group of girls who likes to be hamming it up in front of everyone. Their energy was contagious! Then they did a little 'Survivor - Help - I'm Bleeding' song/dance on the stage before tearing off to their classrooms to await their girls.

They taught their 3 rotations with style and were complimented by many. This is going to be a very fun, energetic, charitable group of girls to work with - they just get up and do what needs to be done - and smile. I was extremely proud. The new question is: can we keep that interest and high energy up for the next 12 Thursday meetings before camp? I surely hope so! I've been blessed with 2 incredible assistants who will be able to keep up with them! Maybe we'll take turns!!!!!!
1 comment:
You will always be the number two (number one is my mom) person I think of when I think of Girl's Camp. What a lucky group of Young Women to be working with you! You can tell them I say so if you like. :)
Post a Comment