Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Weekend Retreat

This weekend was our big YCL (Youth Camp Leaders) kick-off retreat for camp this summer and it was really fun. We had about 18 girls and 10 ladies up there hanging out, doing skits, working on upcoming projects, learning about 1st aid, playing 'get to know you' games, etc. We went to this awesome ranch/resort outside Cedar City which was incredible. The pool hall had an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, pool table, ping pong table, big family room with 5 tables to eat/work around, a movie theater, arcade, and huge gourmet kitchen. It was on tons of land overlooking the little city and had several smaller 'house/cabins' on the compound. The girls were awesome - I'd never met 15 of them before and they were just a great group of girls. I'm excited to spend the next few months with them before camp. They'll have lots of opportunities to lead in different aspects of activities before and during camp - it's a really fun age to reach in the girls' camp world. I think they'll be incredible leaders this year and look forward to working with them!

3 comments:

Kricket said...

As the mom of one of your YCL's, a huge THANK YOU for such a great weekend. She had a fantastic time and is so excited for camp this year.

Mikayla Skouson said...

Robyn,
I want more than anything to go to camp with y'all this year. See if you can pull some strings to allow me to come with you! I miss you and am so glad that I will be home to hang out with my favorite people ever this summer. You rock and I am so glad that you are so awesome!

Love you,
Mikayla

Michele with one "L" said...

Robyn,
Fabulous time for all lucky enough to attend the retreat. A perfect balance of fun and training. You have definitely raised the bar for the YCL's and they are jumping over it. This is going to be a great camp year!