
Other than that, things are swell. I'm still holding strong to my New Years Resolutions - lost 5 pounds, fixed my computer, going to all of church, and I even attended a quilting night (made 2 squares!) and a bread-making night last week - so I'm out being social to a point. Yeah for me!
At my sister's tonight, I spent some time with my 5 year old nephew, Ryan, reading books. He's in kindergarten now just doing great. It was fun having his attention so long to reading easy books of sight words and pictures and to see his face light up when he got things right. He's such a character!
I love that little (relatively speaking) kid - we've had a special bond since he was born and had surgery to remove part of his brain that hadn't developed in utero due to a possible stroke. I had the opportunity to take the 'graveyard shift' for a week afterwards and I read him books, played him Mozart music, and walked him around the halls making his eyes adjust to the lights. We had many long talks in the middle of the nights. Since then, he's been my little man and I'm so proud that he's able to learn to read, write, count, ride a bike without training wheels, do puzzles, play the wii, and play baseball.
He's my man.
2 comments:
First of all, what an adorable, good-looking young man! I love success stories like that. I have a neice that wasn't supposed to live, let alone be intelligent and active.
Secondly, I think you're doing better than I am at the social thing. I snuck out of the bread making class after about an hour. I was just tired of being around people in general.... so I left. I don't have the motivation I once did to be the social butterfly.
Beautiful, Robyn. Amen. Mom
Post a Comment